Re: Need help: using "lsnrctl" and connecting through a firewall

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1998/03/18

Bertrand,

Make sure that ports 1521 and 1526 are open on the firewall in both directions. If the firewall performs network address translation then reflect that in the tnsnames.ora and create a translation entry in the firewall to pass packets ( e.g. 171.10.10.1 when 204.31.1.10 is actually requested).

Craig M. Wall