Do SpatialWare and MapInfo Pro 4.5 work with Oracle 8 Enterprise Server?

From: Mark Pettyx <marcpett_at_NOSPAMtin.it>
Date: 1998/03/06

Hi everybody.
Just some questions concerning two MapInfo products. I have just installed Oracle 8 Enterprise Server on a Unix environment, and I need to purchase some product to build a GIS system. As I have just known that my organization is oriented to MapInfo tecnology I wonder if:
1) Do SpatialWare 2.0 and MapInfo Pro 4.5 (via ODBC) work with Oracle 8

    Enterprise Server?
2) Using SpatialWare, is it possible to make "spatial queries" (e.g.: find all

    features of type x which fall inside a circle of radius y centered in another

    feature) directly via a SQL query (or via an Oracle API)? Forgive me for the triviality of my questions (if any) or for spamming and thank you for your collaboration.

--
Marco Pettinella
SW Analyst