Re: Multiple database sessions to Oracle ?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/01/26

Andreas Rektenwald wrote in message <34CB85E3.55C5A621_at_xsoft.co.at>...
>We have written an msaccess 97 application with some Active-X objects
>and lot's of VB code in it. It seems, that nearly every newly created
>recordset generates a new database session to the oracle database, which
>decreses performance dramatically (We enabled database tracing on the
>server platform).

I don't think the problem is with the ODBC driver, but rather with the inefficient microsoft jet engine that's used by VB and Access. Tracing the ODBC calls that's made by a jet engine app can be quite interesting... [wondering when micorosoft is actually going to fit the wings to the jet engine]

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message