Sequences: How to generate outside of default property

From: Joanne James <jjames_at_crystalconsulting.com>
Date: 1998/01/24

Hello... I've set up my sequence to generate up to number x (ie, 99999). I want the sequence to get the next number to store in an item only when I press 'Save'. It seems I can only get the sequence to work within the default property of the item. I cannot assign it within code by doing something like: 'block.item := :sequence.scema.sequenceName.nextval'. I've tried many variations on this, and can't get it to work. I tried setting my form so that it would go into enter-query mode, (so a new record wouldn't automatically be created upon entering the form), but even that doesn't seem to prevent the sequence from generating the next number. Any suggestions? Received on Sat Jan 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message