Re: PL/SQL Code

From: <coneal_at_exis.drop_the_spam_i've_seen_enough.net>
Date: 1998/01/23

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 23:31:42 -0800, Kevin McCormick <kevin.mccormick_at_snet.net> wrote:

>I'm modifying an existing PL/SQL trigger program with a considerable
>amount of new code. I've been told my options are: 1) Merge my new code
>in with the existing code (I'd prefer to not to since we have no
>consistent coding standards and I'd rather not mix the two routines) 2)
>Write a second trigger for the same event, or 3) Place the code in stored
>procedures. No one seems to want to make a decision and I'm not sure of
>any pros or cons since PL/SQL coding is new to me. Any advice?

Being from a similiar situation, I strongly recommend option 1. Take the time to determine the existing functionality, fix it because the last programmer never has a clue, and have one trigger that does it all cleanly in the latest standards. Option 2 can cause problems and 3 has no advanages since triggers are stored. Received on Fri Jan 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message