Re: Oracle Server on Intel - Comments & Experiences?

From: <user_at_msn.com>
Date: 1998/01/17

Nelson

Sorry to tell you, but 32 Mb RAM is totally unrealistic to run Oracle Server on a Microsoft/Intel platform. I use that much for optimal performance with Personal Oracle 8, and would suggest that you probably need at least 64 Mb when running the server product, perhaps 128 to 256 Mb with 25+ users. Additionally, when installing Oracle on NT verify that the version you install is compatible with the operating system version. For instance I would expect that 7.0 is unlikely to run on NT 4 or the newest builds of NT 3.x.

John

Nelson C. Araujo wrote in message <69lolg$n9r_at_news.codetel.net.do>...
>Sorry I can help. I am running Oracle Server on a Compaq Proliant 2000
>with 32 MB RAM and 4 GB Disck Array. We are trying to get it running.
>First, we installe version 7.0 and tried to download data from our
>produccion database. It crashed. Version 7.1 was then installed. Again
>it crashed while loading the database. Our support is looking at the
>problem. We have not had the change to put users on line.
>
>Carlos Asencio
>Cemenentos Nacionales, S.A.
>San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Rep.
>
>sblackwe_at_ wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any comments or experience with any of the Oracle server
>>products for Intel (NT, Solaris or UnixWare)? I'm really interested in
>>any larger scale implementations - 100+ concurrent users, 5GB+ database
 size.