???? SQL question ????

From: ilepper <ilepper_at_fac.fbk.eur.nl>
Date: 1998/01/13

Ok here's a nice SQL problem, who can solve this one?

I have got 2 tables

Table 1 :
prim. key : Id1, Id2, Id3

Table 2 :
prim. key : Id
for. key : Table1_id1, Table1_id2, Table1_id3

I want to do the following : I would like all records from table 1 where there's no record for it in table 2.

Usualy it would look something like this : select * from table 1 where id not in (select id from table 2) but now table one has more attributes forming the prim. key.

How can it be done, anyone?

Thanks anyway for trying,
by the way, I am using Orcale version 7, and Delphi 3 to excute the SQL query.

Ido de Lepper
ilepper_at_fac.fbk.eur.nl Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message