Defunct processes after ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE

From: Chris Curtin <ccurtin_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/01/05

Hi,

I have a problem with an application server I have developed. The server creates a business object to process a request by a client. Each business object creates its own database connection. After the work is completed, the connection is removed by calling 'EXEC SQL AT :connection ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE;'

This seems to work okay, except that we have noticed that the Oracle connection (usually named 'oracle1' which was associated with the connection is now a 'defunct' process. The process never goes away until the server is shutdown.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Environment:
HP-UX 10.20
HP C++
Orbix 2.2MT
Oracle 7.3.2.2

Thanks

Chris Curtin
ccurtin_at_mindspring.com Received on Mon Jan 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message