Re: orcle 6.0 to 7.3.3 upgrade

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1997/12/31

In article <01bd15e9$d68beea0$870476c3_at_bebrlte>, becc1211 <becc1211_at_ibm.net> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>My boss asked me to make an estimation about the work load to convert our
>oracle enviroment from a 6.0 version into 7.3.3 (VAX environment).
>
>We have about 1000 .inp files, and the db has about 1100 table.

It is pretty much as straightforward as they say, if memory serves (it's been a loooong time since I did it last). See the Migration manual for details.

The work is in upgrading forms. You might want to ask in comp.databases.oracle.tools how to get from your version (whatever it may be) to 4.x. You may have to make an intermediate migration.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry_at_eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com