Re: 2 Instances on a single NT-server at the same time

From: Hassan Abba <hassan_at_softopt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/19

Lets say:

Instance 1: ORC1
Instance 2: ORC2

To start both instances using server manager do the following from the command prompt:

c:\>SET ORACLE_SID=ORC1
c:\>SVRMGR23
SVRMGR>connect internal
SVRMGR>startup
This should start instance ORC1.
<All the rest of the server manager commands> Quit from Server Manager,

c:\>SET ORACLE_SID=ORC2
c:\>SVRMGR23
SVRMGR>connect internal
SVRMGR>startup
This should start instance ORC2.

Alternativily, you can use ORADIM73. (Assuming this is a 7.3 database).

Regards

Hassan Abba
Oracle Developer/Administrator
Soft Options UK Ltd