Drifting Boilerplate Text: Reports 2.5

From: Mary C. Humphrey <mhumphrey_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/12/11

I have a master-detail report in which the user wants the headers of child frames to be displayed even if the child query returns no records. Instead, the word "None" should be displayed where the data would be.

I created summary columns to check for the presence/absence of data. This approach seems to work and the word "None" is displayed in the appropriate places.

I moved the header text to the parent frame and it does display when there is no child data. However, the header text gets displayed practically overlapping each other. The word "None" gets overwritten by inappropriate header information.

Is there a way to anchor boilerplate text? Or is there another approach I should take? Received on Thu Dec 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message