ISQL Equivalent?

From: Matt Morgan <mattmorg_at_swbell.net>
Date: 1997/12/07

Hello -

This question is targeted at anyone who has used both Informix and Oracle tools.

Several years ago, I used Informix. At that time, they had a utility, "ISQL", which provided a character based interface for QBE/update operations.

I'm now on a project using Oracle. So far, the only tool I have seen for similar operations is a simple SQL command line interface. This tool leaves a lot to be desired.

The only other Oracle tools I have found require Win NT/95 and a high end PC to use. The tool I am looking for needs to run under HP-UX.

Is there a tool in the Oracle UNIX product suite that I have missed? If not, are there any third party ISQL equivalents on the market?

Any info is appreciated.

Matt Morgan Received on Sun Dec 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message