Re: Informix vs. Sybase vs. Oracle vs. (gasp) MS SQL Server

From: Joe Lumbley <jlumbley_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

Gary L. Burnore (gburnore+NOspam_at_netcom.com) wrote: : On 01 Dec 1997 15:29:49 -0700, Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_sgi.com> wrote:

: :>>>>> "David" == David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk> writes:

Interesting thread, folks. Maybe a record.....110 followups and no cussing or **major** name-calling.

I noticed in one of Pablo's articles that the version of Sybase he's touting the TPC-C's for is "way out in the future". By this, I assume it's not publicly available yet. I also read that Sybase committed to releasing their totally-un-needed RLL version in Q298. Pablo, please clarify the exact version and locking mode for the Sybase used in the TPC-C you're referring to. Wouldn't it be ironic if this is the RLL version?

Joe

Joe Lumbley(jlumbley_at_netcom.com)   author of: "INFORMIX DBA Survival Guide"

Slaving away on "INFORMIX DEBUGGERS Survival Guide", available early 1998
from Prentice Hall/Informix Press.  If you have debugging tips, tools, or
ideas to share, please send me some e-mail.