Help! SQL example needed for date comparison!

From: <ah262_at_detroit.freenet.org>
Date: 1997/11/26

Hello from Michigan!

I am old-time "Big Iron" programmer, new to SQL and the Informix relational database, and am in need of some _simple_ sample code.

I am in urgent need of some SQL sample code that takes a database DATETIME formatted field and compares it to the system date (minus one day) for equality. I am, in effect, attempting to pull the records from a table dated 1 day previous from the current system date. Sounds simple, eh? I've looked at using the various date functions that Informix provides, but each one is very specialized in the resulting value it produces.

Unfortunately, all I have available to me is the Informix tutorial, reference, and syntax manuals, and none of these even come remotely close to defining the code for such a simple task.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated on this. If you know of any good SQL tutorial books with Informix hooks shown in it I would also appreciate knowing about those.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Todd