Help: Form 4.5 application difficulties....

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/11/19

Hello all,

        I want to developed Oracle Form 4.5 application but now I have the following difficulties:

  1. When I press a button and want to do query in the block A. I want to show a message box which indicate how many records is potentally retrieved. That is, after I have pressed the query button, a message box displayed which has a message like '10 records retrieved.'. But how can I get the number of records to be potentally retrieved? (i.e. I want to store the number of rows retrieved to a variable).
  2. I create a button which is used to go to the last record in a query. However, there are 20000 records meeting the query condition. So it needs time to go to the last record. I want to display a message box (not on the status line) that has a message like 'Processing. Please wait'. When the Forms go to the last record, this message box disappeared. How can I do that?
  3. I created a VBX control which is a TAB control. (i.e. a displayed frame which has the keywords at the bottom of the frame. When I press the a praticular keyword, it will go to the appropriate canvas.) My problem is, when I in canvas B, and then press a button which scroll to the next record, I notice that the keyword is 'jumped' from keyword B to keyword A. How can I prevent such 'jumping'? (i.e. remain in the same canvas view B.)

I would be appreciated if anyone could give me the idea to solve the problems.

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Wed Nov 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message