Re: Using MS Query on Oracle 7.4 tables and getting 3121 error

From: Steve <XX_swulz_at_SPAM.FREE.ti.com>
Date: 1997/11/12

XX_swulz_at_SPAM.FREE.ti.com (Steve ) wrote:

>I am attempting to extract data from Oracle 7.4 tables. I am using
>SQL*net client 2.3.2.1.3 and Oracle 7 32bit drivers 2.0.3.1.1

I found the answer and am posting this for posterity.

Upgraded Oracle drivers to 2.5.x.x

Created a system or user DSN called it lepsgdw

Then created a file dsn and named it "lepsgdw.dsn" Wrote this file in notepad with the following lines:

[ODBC]
DSN=lepsgdw

In MS Query you have to point to this file to access the tables.

Weird but works. Received on Wed Nov 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message