Re: SQL*Net connection thru a firewall

From: Roy Jones <docjones_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/10/13

On 8 Oct 1997 20:20:29 GMT, "Vittorio Turchetti" <vturchetti_at_infostrada.it> wrote:

>Have you any advice or warning about building applications connecting to an
>Oracle database through a firewall?
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Vittorio Turchetti

With my experiences, on a UNIX machine using SQL*Net v2 and with the listener on port 1601 and MTS turned OFF.

The initial request uses 1601 but port 1602 is also used.

I have not been able to find documentation as of yet and unfortunately I was not the one who discovered this.

Roy Jones, SrA, USAF
HQ SSG/XOCM
Gunter AFB, AL
jonesr_at_ssg.gunter.af.mil Received on Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message