Re: database evaluation reports

From: Someone <answers_at_erols.com.tyfns>
Date: 1997/10/03

--------------BD43C94431A230E539EC18C3

Frank Chao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where can I find database eveluation reports that compare the
> functionalities and features of four major databases - Oracle,
> Informix,
> Sybase and MS-sql server.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank
> fchao_at_corp.adaptec.com

There is a company called Ovum that does independent assessments of technology. As recent as Aug 97, they did a comparison of six major database technologies, including IBM's DB2, ORACLE, Sybase, and MicroSoft SQL Server.
There is a web page providing a summary of the report at

www.dpu.se/blodb_e.html

The report is $2,100.

--------------BD43C94431A230E539EC18C3

begin:          vcard
fn:             Someone
n:              ;Someone
email;internet: answers_at_erols.com.tyfns
title:          Important
note:           Remove tyfns from my email address to reply.  TYFNS stands for "Thank you for not spamming."
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end: vcard

--------------BD43C94431A230E539EC18C3-- Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST