Oracle Database Engineer; CellNet Data Systems, Operations Group.; San Carlos, CA

From: Mike Boca <mboca_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/23

		Oracle Database Engineer
		CellNet Data Systems, Operations Group.
		San Carlos, CA

	Ground floor opportunity to be a part of the wireless network
	that will aid in the nationwide electric deregulation process!

Will provide leadership in the implementation of distributed, client/server database systems that support the information needs of Operations Group. Requires at least 5 years experience defining, developing, and implementing corporate level systems at multiple sites. Experience with two tier Client/Server systems with Oracle required. PowerBuilder or other front end tools experience a plus.

Responsibilities
Will partner with the Field Service, Process Engineering , Test Engineering Production, and Network Management to select, design and implement database systems to support  Corporate and Retrofit Center Manufacturing needs. Will develop detailed Software Functional and Design Specifications for the integration of core operations applications such as SPC, Database Analysis Tools, WIP and  Inventory management systems, and in line test data collection systems. These specifications will include process and data flow diagrams, normalized data tables, system requirements.
As a team member, will develop and execute detailed Database implementation plans including installation of software, development and management of tables, stored procedures and triggers.
Lead implementation and debug of existing and developed database software systems in multiple locations world wide to include training of support personnel. Work with other Oracle Software Engineers and data end users to assure all database  information is easy to access, yet data integrity is secure. Work with these groups to develop standards and processes for software test, application deployment, and documentation.

Qualifications
BSCS or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred. Five years experience developing database applications. Prefer experience with large client/server applications using Oracle as the RDBMS. Two years minimum experience developing large, highly distributed systems. Experience with two tier Client/Server systems with Oracle required. PowerBuilder or other front end tools experience a plus. Excellent analytical, technical, leadership, and communication skills

The Company...
CellNet Data Systems, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, is a network information services company specializing in wireless Network Meter Reading (NMR) and other value added services.
We're 10 years old, have over 500 employees, and are a public company. Our ambition is to become the dominant fixed point wireless data service company in the world.
As part of the utility deregulation process, we are beginning to install our network in major portions of California and New England. In addition we are actively pursuing several long term contracts with large utilities to install wireless transmitters in each of their customer's electric meters.

For more details about CellNet, please visit our homepage at www.cellnet.com.

What's next?
For further consideration, contact Mike Boca through any of the following alternatives:

        Internet:      mike.boca_at_cellnet.com
        Fax:            (650)508-6880
        Mail:           CellNet Data Systems
                           125 Shoreway Road