Re: Problems with the Navigation Button

From: Steve Johnson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/09/09

Virginia K. Leung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently created a form with some several Navigation button in Form
> Designer 4.5. I have some problems with this issue.
>
> The problems are:
>
> Once I go to last, and then hit Next, the form throws me in a new
> record. Why? I cannot get out of it until we enter a value.

Change the block properties so that Insert Allowed is false.

You can't get out of the record until you enter a value because you have the item property required set to TRUE. You can change this to FALSE but shouldn't have to if you change the block property above.

> When I go to last record, I want to disable the Next button.

Check :SYSTEM.last_record to see if you're on the last record. If you are disable it.

> I may go to the last record by consecutively pressing the Next button
> then I can fall into the same trap. How can ORACLE recognize the End of
> File?
>
> Can anybody help? Thanks in advance and your help is greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Virginia

Hope this helps.

Steve J. Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message