HELP! Dead Instance....

From: David Sivick <dsivick_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/08/15

 I've got an instance that is dead on arrival.

I took and old 7.2.3 instance on and AIX 4 machine and cleaned him out. Essentially, I took thing down and deleted all the datafiles. I just wanted to move another instance out there with the same name, and keep my directory structure named the same.

Well I got the instance created and it looked ok. I then shut down the db and brought it back up. All the PGA processes then went out into never never land and eventually died.

Now if I try to even get into server manager to start the db up, it just hangs. I believe it is waiting on a response back to see if the instance is idle or not, but can't get it back to it just sits there.

I have killed all the processes out there that I can think of.

I have looked at the trace files and there is a problem with the PGA process SNP0, which I screwed up by not taking the job_queue_process out of the init file.

But does anyone have any clue how to fix this guy?

Any help would be appreciated,
David Sivick Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message