Re: tnsnames redirection

From: Nils H Thomsen <nhthom_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/15

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <33F33FD8.4989_at_webmart.net>, Banicki_at_webmart.net says...
> RDBMS Version (if applicable): 7.3.3.?.?
> Error Number (if applicable): N/A
> Product and Version: SQL*Net V2
> Operating System: Intel Windows NT
>

> Configuring SQL*Net 2.3.3 client for WIN95 to be ran off
> the server. Just installed the first client and every thing works
> fine.
>
> I saw in one of my oracle classes that the tnsname.ora file was actually
> pointing to another drive and path, but i don't remember the syntax.
> is it possible to enter a drive and path into your tnsnames file
> to redirect the client to a common tnsnames(i.e. the one generated by
> NET*Manager)? Believe it or not, I think this would simplfy the
> client install.
>
> Terry Banicki, Illinois Power, Decatur, Il.

You can redirect the TNSNAMES directory ie. orawin/network/admin by using the variable TNS_ADMIN in your oracle.ini such as TNS_ADMIN=T:\network\admin
You can also use the same oracle.ini file by editing the win.ini and placing the following lines into it. ORA_CONFIG=T:\orawin\ORACLE.32b
This redirects it to mapped drive T and the file ORACLE.32b

Hope this helps,

                        Nils.......... Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message