Re: TRICKY TRIGGER QUESTION

From: Summit International, Inc. <summ_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1997/08/11

Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> In article <870965629.3791_at_dejanews.com>, sprajapa_at_fmrco.com writes:
> >
> > I need to capture primary key changes. Let's say, my update statement
> > changes primary key of 10 rows (assumeing primary key as int, values
> > 1, 2, 3...10 and new values are 1101, 1102, 1103, ... 1110), then I want
>
> Doesn't it sound intrinsically wrong to be changing a primary key?
> If yur changing it, it ain't primary.

Hummm, I didn't expect such reply from you, Pablo, Let's call it "key to identify existing row at given moment" instead of "primary key", now do we have solution ?

Problem is, Sybase database doesn't let you co-relate old row with new row unless, as a database user, you take care of it by defining a "PRIMARY KEY" and not changing it. (I figured, ORACLE and DB2 does allow database
way to co-relate old rows with new rows)

Any way, thanks to you all for posting reply. Thread ends.....

regards,
Sunil Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message