Web database

From: tony claudio <maclaudio_at_ccgate.hac.com>
Date: 1997/07/10

I have an Access database with predefined forms and reports. I have no problem putting the database on the
web using a development tool such as dbweb, for example. Further discussions will refer to database
software in general, vice Access. It is essential to not not only launch and display information contained
in various database software but to also utilize organic commands, filters, forms, and reports that are
contained in the software. For instance, I have an HTML web page with a hyperlink graphic or text. When
the user selects the hyperlink, it is as if we launched the database application, BUT with no end user
contact with the database software. I don't want the user to have to thoroughly understand the database
software. The user should only know that there are forms, reports, etc to be displayed. These
forms/reports should be HTML generated pages. I am raising the client/server architecture from an intranet to the internet. I would like to take advantage of the existing forms/reports and not have to regenerate them for use in a web environment (internet).

Are there any limitations are involved with CGI scripts? The tool must be smart enough to know if a new
report or form was generated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony Claudio Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message