Re: java orb?

From: Terry Child <t.m.child_at_surveying.salford.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/06/18

tamminga wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The plan is to call methods (via IIOP) of Oracle8 database objects
> from
> a Java application.
> Can anyone help me find an Object Request Broker for use with Java
> Development Kit 1.0.2 on Windows NT 3.51?
>
> Jan Peter Tamminga

   Have a look at Netscape's site! They bundle Visigenic's ORB with the new versions of Communicator and SuiteSpot. The call it Netscape Internet
Service Broker (NISB) and have a few pages explaining their IIOP strategy.
The programmer's guide mentions installation on NT3.51 so you may be in luck.

Regards

Terry Child Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message