OO4O / PersonalOracle / Loopback?

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

OO4O requires a databasename, so I set one up using the SQLNet EasyConfig on PersonalOracle 7.3 for Windows NT. Since my machine is not on a network, I used the IP loopback address 127.0.0.1 (localhost) which does respond to a PING. But this approach does not really work: although I can connect to SQLPlus by giving the database name instead of 2: for the HostString, I get the error #3126:

SQL> connect joe/joepassword
Connected.
SQL> select count(invoiceId) from invoice   2 /
ERROR:

ORA-03126: network driver does not support non-blocking operations

NOTE: The error above does NOT occur when I log into SQLPlus and type "2:"
for the Host String.

Can OO4O be used with PersonalOracle on a standalone PC? What do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim Romano
Swarthmore PA
---tim_at_ot.com---