Re: Invalid PL/SQL packages

From: Martyn Cavett <cavett_at_anonymous.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

A package needs to be re-compiled whenever it's package specification is changed. And if that package is called from another package then the calling package / procedure is also invalidated - perhaps this explains your observation. Note, however, if only the package body is modified, the does not affect validity.

  • Martyn Cavett Senior ORACLE Analyst LGT Asset Management London, UK. home: cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk work: Martyn.Cavett_at_gtplc.com

These views are my own and not those of my employer. Normal conditions apply.

Keith Finnett <keppy_at_lineone.net> wrote in article <5n6i3b$sg5_at_argon.btinternet.com>...
> Is there any reason why a package created in PL/SQL would become invalid?
>
> I understand that if you are running a package from an Oracle
 Application
> the package is validated on startup, but sometimes the package will
 become
> invalid for no obvious reason.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Please post and reply to
 keppy_at_lineone.net.