Re: Files > 2Gb on HP-UX 10.20

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/03

In article <865331704.8901_at_dejanews.com>, lous_at_hotmail.com writes
>Hi all
>
>Quick question: Maximum filesize that can be created in Oracle 7.3 running
>on HP-UX 10.20 ? When trying to go bigger than 2 G we get a Message
>refering to using osh. (Which of course is not available in 7.3). It is
>possible to create a native file > 2G via the OS. Any ideas?
>
>Cheers
>Lou

Lou,

Is there any particular *need* for a datafile to exceed 2Gb? Such large files, although they may be possible with HP logical volumes etc, aren't going to be easy to cope with when backing up or transferring to HP UX versions lower than 10.20.

Just allocate multiple datafiles like the rest of us scaredy cats!

Andy
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request