Re: PL/SQL Problem/Question

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/06/03

In article <5mdbuf$ja8$1_at_news13.gte.net>, mbaime_at_gte.net says...

>---------
> am having a problem setting up a call from a COBOL II program to a
>Oracle Stored Procedure.
>

>The Oracle Stored Procedure is:
>
>PROCEDURE test1 (mcc_rec IN OUT mco_contract_control%ROWTYPE)
>IS
>BEGIN
>SELECT *
>INTO mcc_rec
>FROM mco_contract_control
>WHERE mco_contract_control.mco_cntrct_num = mco_cntrct_num;
>
>END;
>
>Thanks for any help you can give us...Marc Baime

I spent a lot of time trying to do the same type of thing in ProC. I contacted Oracle support and they first told me it could be done but then they couldn't get it to work. The problem is that the Pro? languages don't seem able to pass records or tables between the Pro? code and a stored procedure.

I have since learned that it should work if the stored procedure is in a package and the record or table is declared there. I haven't tried it yet so I can't guarantee that it will work, but it's worth a try.

Good luck,
Rona Crystal

--
Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To