Re: ORA7WIN.DLL

From: MP <mdpalmer_at_jax.mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/04

alexl1_at_ix.netcom.com (Alex Levin) wrote:

>I am using an external tool (Erwin) to generate a schema for an Oracle
>based DB. (This tools will generate a schema / dll for multiple of
>different vendors.)

>Anyway, when trying to post it or even connect to my personal Oracle
>(v7.X), I get an error saying ORA7WIN.DLL could not be found. I have
>talked to people who have "full blown" Oracle installed on the server and
>they have no such file either?

>Any ideas?

>Thank you..............

We've had similar problems in the past. Oracle has the dubious habit of renaming their main driver DLL's. So if your Erwin program is trying to open a specific DLL, and the version of Oracle you have is older (or newer), the DLL will be named differently. Sometimes making a copy of the current Oracle DLL will help - in other words copy the ORA7xWIN.DLL to ORA7WIN.DLL.

Teddy Jack Eddie Received on Fri Apr 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message