Oracle /WebServer JAVA Applets Connectivity...

From: Peter Worthington <hayden_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/03/31

I've got this project where the JAVA guy is currently using DBAnywhere to
to talk to Oracle. Works great, no problems. However, we'd like to explore
using the supplied Oracle JAVA classes but we've hit a couple of problems.

So far we in using the java classes provided with the Oracle webserver (2.0.1?)
we've used pl2java and blah,blah,blah.... and in creating the main applet
we are able to establish a session with the server which shows up in v$session
but when the JAVA programmer trys to call a stored procedure it dies.

The Applet is running on Netscape on the client-side and from what I read this
should work.

So, my question is... can anyone shoot some advice or through some miracle
and out of the kindness of their heart ... some sample code we can use which
shows an client-side applet calling a stored procedure?

Thanks in Advance. I'd appreciate any help you can send my way!

Peter Received on Mon Mar 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message