Re: Performance on NT: Oracle vs. SQLServer?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/03/26

  (--- Note: comp.databases.oracle dropped from newsgroups list ---)

In article <E7M0FG.Iyp_at_world.std.com>, doug a blaisdell <dougb_at_world.std.com> wrote:
>Hi out there!
>
>We're trying to decide between Oracle and SQL server, for a DSS database with
>about 200 Meg of data now, but much larger soon (eg 1 Gig). We've got a dual
>processor with 128 Meg (but could increase this), running NT 4.0.
<snip>

Hey, guys, the primary newsgroup used in this thread is gone! If you want to include people reading the Oracle newsgroups, you should post to comp.databases.oracle.server. The old comp.databases.oracle group was rmgrouped in December, 1996.

The new groups and their newsgroup lines are:

Comp.databases.oracle.misc         Oracle related topics.
Comp.databases.oracle.tools        Oracle software tools/applications.
Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace  Oracle-related jobs, etc.
Comp.databases.oracle.server
                         Oracle database administration/server topics.

Regards
Steve Cosner Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message