Re: Archive ERROR ???

From: Jensen Langford - Sun UK - Contractor <jensen.langford_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: 1997/03/19

bill_at_asplundh.com wrote:

> I am receiving the following error when I try to start my database
> with archive logging. The error occurs when I enter a path in the
> "log_archive_dest" variable in my init.ora. When I rem out
> "log_archive_dest" and let Oracle write its archive logs to the
Hi Bill

I seem to recall having a similar problem some time ago, I played around and came up with the following which worked fine.

log_archive_dest = /oracle/archlog/LOG
log_archive_format = _%S_%t.dbf

This will provide you with logs with a file name of LOG_0000003810.dbf in the /oracle/archlog directory.

I think if you had put a / on the end of /oracle/archlog/ this may have worked but Im not sure.

Jens.