Oracle, SQLWindows 5.0.3 and NT4.0

From: Richard Peat <Richard_at_calusari.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/05

We have a customer running NT4.0 workstation, and an Oracle database, plus various 32-bit Oracle tools.

Our application is currently written in SQLWindows 5.0.3. The two questions we have are:

Has anyone had any experience of connecting SQLWindows 5.0.3 to Oracle from an NT 4.0 client, if so, are there any tips, as it's proving more than a little uncooperative at present.

Secondly is there any problems with running both the 16-bit and 32-bit versions of SQL*Net at the same time, to enable our customer to use their 32-bit applications as well as ours.

Thanks in advance for any help. If you could cc any replies to Kerr_at_tranzline.demon.co.uk I would be most grateful.

Richard Peat
Richard_at_calusari.demon.co.uk Received on Wed Mar 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message