Re: VB 3.0 >> Jet 2.5 >> Oracle Performance

From: Dave Loschinskey <dloschin_at_usit.net>
Date: 1997/02/22

I've had similar experiences with VB4.0 and Oracle databases. The only way I've had success is to use the ODBC API calls. The response time is fantastic. Granted, the API calls are a pain to get used to, but once you put a few functions/procedures together to use them, it's the best way to get at ODBC data, IMHO.
For example, using Jet, I could execute 2 SQL statements and populate my dialog in 10 seconds. With the API calls, it's easily less than two seconds. But like I said, It's much more coding to use the APIs, just depends on how desperate you are for tolerable performance.....

Dave Loschinskey
Duley Hopkins, Inc.
dloschin_at_usit.net

Amin M Abdul-Karim <ama5_at_msn.com> wrote in article <01bc1d45$5f5842e0$eb7c2399_at_abdul-karim>...