Oracle WG2000 Installation for solaris x86

From: Greg Jacobs <gjacobs_at_aiming.net>
Date: 1997/02/11

I have just built a Pentium Pro 200 RAID based Solaris 2.5.1 server, and have just begun installing the Oracle work group 2000 server (90 day trial package)

Upon starting the "owssinst" file (the installer), and after making the first few selections (the destination path for the installation), and selecting the SQLNet device drivers, the installing reports that i have insufficent disk space, for the installation. I have over 4 gigs available on this machine.

Two questions.

  1. Will it only install in the path it has set as default (ie, /var/oracle) ? ('ive tried other paths)
  2. Has anyone else experienced the same problem as myself? And if so, what did you do to solve the problem.

I've already tried contacting oracle on several occasions, but continue to wait for replies from them.

--

	Greg Jacobs, 	Systems Administrator
			Alko Imaging Media