How can I make SQL*loader to commit only at the end of the load file ?

From: Waleed F. Khedr <Waleed_at_gis.net>
Date: 1997/02/08

I want to load some files into ORACLE database version 7.3.2 running on Solaris 2.5.

The problem is that I want to use SQL*loader in the conventional path to load the entire file before committing the load job.

I want to rollback the entire load job when I get an error while loading.

I tried to set BINDSIZE and ROWS to high numbers and I succeeded to increase the number of rows to be loaded before a commit to about 900 rows.

I want to commit only after the entire file has been loaded.

The file contains about 3000 rows.

I tried also on personal ORACLE but it was the same.

Waleed F. Khedr
E-mail: Waleed_at_gis.net

Senior Consultant
Parallogic Inc.