Re: Using Oracle Pro*C in Java with native support

From: Vik P. Solem <vsolem_at_bbn.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

Hi Chandrika.

I could be wrong, but I think that your problem is that Pro*C must be statically linked to Oracle's libraries in order to connect to the database. (I think this is why you need to relink your code when the database changes versions.)

Unfortunately when you run native code via Java you cannot be statically linked.

I'd suggest using JDBC. (As one example, we're using Weblogic's jdbcKona, and it works great. There are also many other available.)

-Vik

vcr_at_hcla.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I implemented a native method to connect to an Oracle Database
> using Pro*C in Solaris 2.5 and am calling the native method from Java. But
> the
> The program seems to be just hanging after giving the following message.
> libc interal error rmutex_unlock : rmutex not held.
>
> The native method works fine if I encapsulate a C++ program and
> execute it but does not work in Java.
>
> Anybody can help me here?
>
> Thanks,
> Chandrika

-Vik

Vik P. Solem   Hacko ergo sum.  vsolem_at_bbn.com    BBN Web: http://www.bbn.com/
Opinions expressed are my own.      BBN Corp, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.