Re: Resultset via stored procedure in ORACLE

From: Duc Nguyen <nguyen_at_reston.ans.net>
Date: 1996/12/17

pierre-a. Briod wrote:

> We have a CRecordset (VC++ 4.2). We are calling a stored procedure
> (ORACLE) via ODBC (Openlink) and would like to obtain a result set as a
> return value /OUT Parameter. We dont get any sensible results when we
> try this.
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> Thanks for any help

You can't return a resultset from an Oracle stored-procedure. What you have to do is create a package, define a cursor in your package, then use the stored-procedure to retrieve a row everytime you call the stored-procedure. I call this a persistent cursor. You can only make a cursor persistent using a package.
-Duc Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message