Re: Upgrade V6 to V7 - how ?

From: Neil Roberts <neil_at_hinckdev.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/13

In article <slane.1.0010C3F0_at_interlink.net>, slane_at_interlink.net writes
>I am currently running Oracle 6 on VMS and need to create a duplicate database
>with Oracle 7 on the same machine. Is there any way to get all the existing
>tables and users from the 6 database so as to recreate the 7 database without
>having to write a script to do it ? Ie., are there any tools out there to
>extract and recreate users and tables without me having to wear my fingers to
>the bone ?

I am not aware of any tools to do this whole job for you.

I am currently contracted to British Gas TransCo, and have been upgrading several applications from Oracle 6 to Version 7.

Data was moved using Export/Import and various Selects run on the version6 database to create lists of users etc.

If you want more details I'd be happy to supply.

Neil Roberts

The views expressed above are my own and are not intended to be representative of either Datasure Associates or British Gas TransCo. Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message