Re: Can I send e-mail from within PL/SQL procedure?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/12/12

Not directly that I know of. But you should be able to do it in a round about way with the utl_file package under unix.

Create a pipe and write a shell program that reads from it and sends whatever it recives as email. Use utl_file to write to the pipe.

Another similar option is to use utl_file to just create a small script that'll send the email you want and have a shell script periodically wake up and check for new files. If it finds one, simple execute it.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!