How do I execute stored procedures through ODBC

From: Tim Brodhacker <tim_at_techadv.com>
Date: 1996/12/11

I am porting an Access application to be back-ended by Oracle7. I would like to create some procedures on the server and call them from Access. I have create these procedures, but when I try to execute them through ODBC the call fails with an "ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement. [#900]". My SQL call is "execute test (5000)" where test is the name of the procedure. I have also tried this through Oracle's ODBC Test utility with the same results. If I execute the call through SQL Plus everything works fine, so I do have proper rights. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Brodhacker Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message