Re: [Q] How can I add dbshut in shutdown process under AIX?

From: <simon_at_prime-mover>
Date: 1996/12/11

Paul Reimold (preimold_at_genacc-us.com) wrote:
> Huy Vu wrote:
> >
> > I try to find out where can I add the script 'dbshut' to shutdown the
> > oracle databases automatically every time the system shutdown for our
> > server AIX 4.1.4. I'm newbie on AIX platform.

> (carefully) Edit the /usr/sbin/shutdown script (after making a backup
> copy.) Unfortunately in AIX, there are no clearly defined rc scripts for
> shutdowns and changes in various init levels as there are are in System
> V, etc.

Bearing in mind that this change may be lost at upgrade time due to it being overwritten. You could always have a "shtdwn" command which is localised to yourself. (And you could move shutdown so that no-one trips it by accident). It's a thought.

--

Simon Travaglia, (spt_at_waikato.ac.nz) Unix Systems Administrator,
          http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz