Re: Import and Rollback Segment Question

From: Kevin Loney <"75663,327"_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

Jeremy Russell wrote:

> For a SQL-Import session on Oracle V7, is it possible to select a
> rollback segment to be used and thus prevent this message from
> appearing?
>
> "Error unable to extend rollback segment table import rolled back"

No, although you could take all the other rollback segments offline before starting the Import. The better solution is to use the COMMIT=Y and BUFFER= parameters of Import. By default, Import doesn't issue a commit until the table has been fully imported. If you set BUFFER equal to 100000, and use COMMIT=Y, then the rows will be committed every 100000 bytes - requiring drastically less rollback segment space. If BUFFER is set too small, you'll get IMP errors - I think IMP-00020. If that happens, clear out the imported records, and Import again using a higher setting for BUFFER.

Kevin. Received on Mon Dec 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message