Re: Need help for using package 'dbms_sql'

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

goto http://govt.us.oracle.com

follow the link to tech center/downloadable utilities.

There you will find the oracle web agent extensions. One of the routines in there allows you to send a query (with or without bind variables) to a routine and the routine will build an html table for you. for example:

  owa_sql.cells_from_query( 'select * from emp' );

will create an html with all the emp stuff in it. It shows you how to deal with any SELECT statement in pl/sql and play with the results.....

On 7 Dec 1996 12:44:14 GMT, infodocb_at_vub.ac.be (INFODOC 2 lic) wrote:

>I'd like to create a procedure/function which would allow me to pass
>
>an entire SQL query as parameter.
>
>For test purposes, I succeeded in making a procedure that gets the
>
>name of a table and, by concatenating this variable with 2 strings
>
>looking like 'select field1, field2 from ' and ' where ...'. But my aim is to
>
>pass a completeselect statement, from the 'select' till the final 'order
>
>by...', as a parameter.
>

>The problem is: is this possible ? How to declare the necessary variables,
>
>how to arrange it so that ANY query could be completely handled by this
>
>procedure ??? Did anybody already write such PL/SQL code, using the
>
>'dbms_sql' package and its pre-defined procedures and functions ?
>

>Any help would be greatly appreciated !! Could you send your responses
>
>to sebastien.rigaud_at_dg12.cec.be ?
>

>Thanks a lot in advance !
>
>regards,

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Dec 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message