Re: FORMS + REPORTS QUESTION??

From: Slava Natapov <Slava_Natapov_at_mail.stil.scitex.com>
Date: 1996/12/09

Srikanth Kasam wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a problem in integrating forms and reports.
> I have a query based on some parameters that are given in runtime. And I
> have to generate a report based on these conditions.
> So I created a recorde group by CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY(name, query);
> And I invoked reports by RUN_PRODUCT(.....). I have taken care of the rest
> of the syntax by taking care of the rest by looking at the help on
> run_product call.
> My Question is:
> I have the same format of columns and datatype as the report Query
> in the query i created in create group. And still I do not get the
> results desired in the record_group query. I t always gives me the
> results of the report.
> Can you please help.
>
> Another thing, can I create an interface form in reports at all so that i
> do not have to use forms...
>
> Also please tell me how to get the data in the record group into the
> report...
>
> Thank you very much.
> bye
> Srikanth Kasam

Hi Srikanth.

In Your case, I think, You can use a substitute "&" future of REPORTS.

In Report:
You can base you query, in data model,on statement like : &my_select, where my_select is user_parameter Char.
(You must put default select statement as initial value for this parameter.)

In Form:
Now you don't need to create record_group in Forms and pass it. You can simply add a VARCHAR variable named my_select (which contain select statement) to parameter_list and just send it to Your Report.

Slava. Received on Mon Dec 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message