Re: Does Oracle have a prog lang ?

From: Christophe Fournier <cfournier_at_nhtsa.dot.gov>
Date: 1996/12/06

Carma International wrote:

> Sorry for the newbie question but I realize Oracle is
> a 4GL and I need to know if a host language is required
> to do if-then, do-loop operations on data sets via
> a cursor ?
> In other words, are there any 3GL features in any of Oracle's tools ?
>
> ALso can one application access more than one Oracle database ?
>
> Thanks,
> John Field
Yes! It's called PL/SQL. It has cursors, do loops, while loops, if's, then's and but's.
Yes! (again). The way you would access different databases depends on how
your system is configured. But even if your databases are distributed around the country, you can access them. Received on Fri Dec 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message