Re: Oracle TNS:12203 and Win95 Help!

From: Chris Halioris <halioris_chris_nonlilly_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

> The 16bit version of SQL*Net V2.3 works great. I have no problems with that. But I
> cannot connect using Windows 95 and the 32 bit version.
>
> I get a TNS:12203 error every time I try.

Are you sure you have the 32 bit Powerbuilder installed on your Win95 machine. Sounds like you were trying to use the same version of Powerbuilder and just change your SQL*Net. If you are using 16 bit SQL*Net you must use 16 bit PB, 32 bit SQL*Net must use 32 bit PB (there are both 16 and 32 bit versions of PB for Win95, so I wouldn't just assume it's 32 bit without checking).

Chris Halioris
Tactics, Inc. Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message