Re: FORMS: Requery on leaving text item

From: Slava Natapov <Slava_Natapov_at_mail.stil.scitex.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

H.G.Unseld wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm wondering if there exist a work-around for the follwing problem:
>
> I've defined a text item which I intended to be used for filtering by
> means of the like operator. When the item is left this could be easily
> achieved if I would use the POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger for an execute_query.
> Unfortunately execute_query is restricted and hence cannot be used for
> this purpose and I don't like to define an extra button to submit this
> query.
>
> Any suggestions to solve this?
>
> Roman Bobrovsky

Trigger When-New-Item-Instance allow you to execute restricted proc. So may be this can help you:

  1. In Post-Text-Item (item level) : :parameter.last_item := 'my_item';
  2. When-New-Item-Instance in a form or block level :

    IF :parameter.last_item = 'my_item' THEN

        :parameter.last_item := '';
        any restricted proc.

    END IF;
Slava. Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message