Re: ODBC for Personal Oracle 7

From: Dave Toyer <dtoyer_at_shl.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

Gilles,
You may want to go to Oracle's Home Page. There you can download for free the
32 bit ODBC drivers. Also, check out the installation file provided to ensure you set up
the drivers correctly. By the way, use "2:" for your connect string. Actually, your sample
code may look like (this is for Visual Basic --I think it's the same syntax as ACCESS)

           Private Sub Form_Load()
               Dim db as Database
               Dim ds as Recordset
               Dim conn as String

              conn$ = "ODBC;DSN=PO7;Database=2:;UID=SCOTT;PWD=TIGER"

             Set db = OopenDatabase("PO7",False,False,conn$)
             Set ds = db.openrecordset("select * from emp")
        End Sub

However, I don't think that will solve your current problem with the "ORA-03121" error.
Depending on which version of Personal Oracle you are using, you may need to run
a additional setup script to be able to use 16 bit software with the 32 bit database. I
don't really remember where this script is. I think for the Windows95 installation, it was
in a windows subdirectory under the Windows95 install directory. In any case look at
some of the readme files and they should point you in the right direction.

Hope this info is of use to you. Good Luck.

Gilles TRAN <tran_at_inapg.inra.fr> wrote in article <329DEC44.3A49_at_inapg.inra.fr>...